On Saturday, May 14, 2016, the UAB Mini Park will be overflowing with arts enthusiasts, intrigued parents…and of course, Birmingham’s youth. The City of Birmingham Mayor’s Office Division of Youth Services (DYS) will host its third annual Smart Art youth arts festival, designed to expose Birmingham youth to the many cultural arts opportunities available in the city.
This free youth cultural arts event will be held from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. The UAB Mini Park is located on the corner of University Blvd and 14th Street South.
Smart Art Highlights:
- Free event for Birmingham youth and parents looking for information about cultural arts opportunities for their youth
- Free interactive games and prizes
- Guitar Center Instrument Discovery Zone featuring free guitar lessons
- Activities include live performances, demonstrations, and children’s activities
- More than 20 vendors in the areas of performing arts, arts education, careers in arts and visual/media arts
This youth arts festival will bring together ethnic and cultural groups, dancers, theatre groups, balloon artists, bands, singers, jugglers and storytellers.
Smart Art is an explosion of creativity and fun
This is not your ordinary cultural arts fair. There will be something for the whole family. Enjoy hands-on activities, games, prizes and much more while introducing your child to the many avenues of the arts. The Smart Art experience can last a lifetime.
For more information about Smart Art, contact DYS at 205-320-0879.